Weather refresh interval

Inform problems

Weather refresh interval

Postby Supp0rtLinux » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:38 pm

It seems the weather only updates every 2 hours. It also doesn't update when coming out of sleep. So for example, I brought my MBP out of sleep at 7:30am today, but my weather didn't update until close to 9:30am. Yesterday it updated at 8:15am and 10:15am. The problem is I went to lunch at 12pm and it was still showing the weather and temp for 10:15am. Your app is awesome but needs a few minor refinements for the weather part. It needs to refresh after coming out of sleep or when it detects a network change (new IP address, etc). It needs to have a way to manually refresh (such as clicking on the menu bar and choosing "refresh now"). And the prefs need an option to set the refresh time (ever x number of minutes, hours, etc) so users can customize it more fully. Otherwise, excellent program. I have mine set to use a moving wallpaper during the day when on AC power and a static wallpaper when on battery power.
Supp0rtLinux

Re: Weather refresh interval

Postby alindroth » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:29 am

This also happens to me. However, it has been almost 12 hours before the weather conditions have refreshed. Changing the background does not make a difference, and changing the weather service provider. The computer has been asleep for most of the time during these 12 hours, so it will not have refreshed during that time. If you could please look into this, it would make Live Wallpaper a much more useful application.
alindroth

Re: Weather refresh interval

Postby McDavid1 » Sat May 11, 2013 3:56 pm

The weather has stopped refreshing for me as well. It hasn't refreshed for two days. Like the other users, I tried changing both themes and weather service, and it didn't make any difference. I really love Live Wallpaper, but if the weather has stopped functioning it won't be useful anymore.
McDavid1

Return to Bug reports