10C temp increase with animated wall papers

Inform problems

10C temp increase with animated wall papers

Postby seb » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:31 pm

Hello,

I stopped using your app, not because it consumes a lot of resources, but because I observed that my computer was warmer than before (after I installed your app). I discovered that animated wallpapers make my laptop general idle temperature increase by 10 C. Since it is significant, I disabled it for now. It seems the same with any animated template (you can test with the Typo theme for instance).

To test it, I used smcFanControl to report the temperatures and enabled/disabled the animated live wallpaper and it systematically increased the heat (I repeated this about ten times).

Is there any reason for this or a way to help reduce the heat ? I am using a retina display.

Thanks!
seb

Re: 10C temp increase with animated wall papers

Postby lordsoft » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:32 pm

I agree with seb.

I adore the Polar Clock theme. Really. But it consumes too much cpu (20-25%) constantly, so my macbook is really warm and fan is running ~3500rpm (normally 2000rpm). I understand why is that so, but I believe some optimalization could be made.

Thank you all for a great app and themes.
lordsoft

Re: 10C temp increase with animated wall papers

Postby lordsoft » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:33 pm

I agree with seb.

I adore the Polar Clock theme. Really. But it consumes too much cpu (20-25%) constantly, so my macbook is really warm and fan is running ~3500rpm (normally 2000rpm). I understand why is that so, but I believe some optimalization could be made.

Thank you all for a great app and themes.
lordsoft

Return to Bug reports